Energy boosting nutrients
Discover Nutrition » Diagnostic Testing
From the Discover Nutrition blog
We facilitate Functional Laboratory Testing. These are private tests, not available in the Irish medical system and are recommended only where relevant to the client. The tests are done through licensed, accredited laboratories and help to give an indication of your cellular status and deficiencies. Laboratories used include Biological Testing Service Ireland, Biomnis Ireland, Biolab Medical Unit, Genova Diagnostics, Regenerus Laboratories and Doctors Data. They help to provide a more complete picture of the health of a person and help identify problems before chronic conditions and disease develop. Examples of the most common tests are outlined below. Further tests are also available and will only be recommended where relevant.
**This is an additional cost and depends on the type of test requested.
Exciting new essential fatty acid test
- Check your Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio plus more. Important for brain, heart, hormonal health. Simple pin prick blood test that you can do at home. For more information take a look at this short video click here.
Digestive Health Tests
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis – to check for maldigestion, inflammation, dysbiosis (imbalance good and bad bacteria), infection (parasite, yeast overgrowth, pathogenic bacteria) that may be triggering your health symptoms. The test can also report on the type of antibiotics and natural agents that will have a higher chance of inhibiting the growth of the organism. Click here for full details of the test.
- Small intestinal bowel overgrowth (SIBO) test
Did you know that SIBO is a common cause of IBS - it is involved in over half the cases of IBS and as high as 84% in one study using breath testing as the diagnostic marker (ref: townsendletter.com/febmarch2013/ibs0213). Click here for more details of the test.
- Candida test – to check for candida yeast infections in the mouth and gut.
- IgG Food Panel testing
We offer Yorktest. Analyses your IgG antibody reactions to 208 food and drink ingredients To order your testkit contact Caroline at Discover Nutrition today on 0871266525.
Hormonal Health Tests
- Adrenal stress profile – to check cortisol and DHEA levels (all important for energy and hormone function).
- Dutch complete with cycle mapping (test is suitable for those with irregular cycles, unexplained infertility, luteal phase defects, PCOS, irregular cycles, PMS and PMDD, amongst many other hormone related conditions). Provides a comprehensive assessment of sex hormones, adrenal function and the entire menstrual cycle. For more information click here.
- Full thyroid function - measures serum levels of TSH, total T4, free T4, free T3, anti-TG antibodies, anti-TPO antibodies, Reverse T3 to give the full picture of thyroid health issues.
General Health Test
- Organix acids - Organic acids are metabolic byproducts of cellular metabolism and they can be measured from a urine sample. The test will help to identify for example how efficiently your body is detoxifying and producing energy, test markers for yeast and fungal overgrowth etc. For more information click here.
Recommend: to fill out Discover Nutrition's health questionnaire and book a 1 hour consultation for full review to discuss the most suitable test based on health history and symptoms.
Contact Caroline Seale to book an appointment.