Energy boosting nutrients
Discover Nutrition » Chronic Fatigue Recovery Programme
From the Discover Nutrition blog
- Have you recently been diagnosed by your GP with Chronic Fatigue and don’t know where to turn?
- Do you have the following symptoms and are unable to find a health professional who understands how you are feeling and the impact the symptoms are having on your quality of life?
- Chronic fatigue for more than 6 months. This is unexplained, persistent or relapsing chronic fatigue that you have never experienced before that is not the result of ongoing exertion and is not substantially alleviated by rest. Severe fatigue which is physical and mental and usually delayed 24-72 hours after exertion. The fatigue has resulted in a substantial reduction in previous levels of occupational, social, personal, educational activity
- Poor short term memory or concentration that is severe enough to cause substantial reduction in previous levels of occupational, social, personal, educational activity
- On-going muscle pain, usually worse with exertion
- Headaches of new type, pattern, or severity
- Tender lymph nodes/sore throat
- Poor sleep/feelings of never being rested
- Do you have digestive problems like bloating, constipation and/or diarrhoea, lack of appetite, food sensitivities/intolerances, stomach pain?
- Have you also found out that you have fibromyalgia symptoms?
- Do you feel like you are living with an invisible illness that nobody understands?
- Do you struggle to get support from even your friends or family?
- Do you get upset by all the negative stories on the internet from people who are living with the illness?
- Are you finding it difficult to cope with the anxiety and stress that comes with living with a chronic illness?
- Do you long for a recovery?
If you have landed on this page, there is no doubt in my mind that you understand the illness, you know only too well the symptoms that you have to live with on a daily basis and you are probably wondering if you have to live with them for the rest of your life.
You’ve probably had all standard medical tests run by your medical doctor and were told they are all normal. You may have undergone a colonoscopy and endoscopy and have found no answers. You know that it’s not all in your head and that the symptoms are very physical, restricting you from living your life as you previously did.
Here to help
If you are looking for support from a health professional who understands what you are going through and can empower & guide you to recovery then please read on to see an outline of Caroline Seale’s Chronic Fatigue Recovery Programme below.
Caroline found herself in the exact situation you are now facing, back in 2006 when she was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue by her GP, and was left with no choice but to take control of her own health, and go out and find a road to recovery. Everything that Caroline learned has been pulled into this 6 month programme and adapted to suit each person, as we are all biochemically unique, so what suits one person may not suit another.
Some pointers to note first
- Accept the situation that you are in now
- Have hope and belief that recovery is possible. A positive mindset and vision of recovery is important.
- Be patient and accept that recovery will be slow, one step at a time. Unfortunately there is no quick fix or magic cure.
- Listen to your body, do not push yourself beyond your energy envelope on the good days. Pacing is key. This is the most difficult part but key for recovery.
- Keep a diary of what lifestyle changes have improved your health slightly and those that have caused set backs.
The CFS Recovery Programme consists of:
- 6 x personalised monthly one to one sessions with Caroline Seale (in person or by Skype if too ill to travel). The first appointment is 1.5 hours and the following appointments are 1 hour and take place over 6 consecutive months.
- Caroline is a fully qualified Nutritional Therapist with 3 years of science based training. She is also a Reiki Master and used energy healing along with nutrition and lifestyle changes to recover from CFS.
- Before the first appointment you will need to fill out a comprehensive 8 page health questionnaire so that Caroline can get a fully picture of your medical history, current medication, natural supplements, health of your digestive system, hormonal system, liver health, cardiovascular system, nutrient levels, stress management, sleep, exercise and eating patterns.
- Caroline will review your health questionnaire to structure a personalised plan for your recovery. We are all biochemically unique so what may work for one person may not work for another. This is where personalised advice will help to fast track you back to recovery.
- Your personalised plan will focus on the key areas such as nutrition, sleep, movement, stress management & coping mechanisms to help reduce anxiety and give you the confidence that you can begin to accomplish things. Small goals will be set to help you build stamina and confidence to believe that recovery is possible.
- Coaching will also be provided on changing your mindset to a more positive one, as this is key to recovery. By constantly focusing on illness, progress slows or may even worsen, the brain can form patterns that get stuck and so changes can be more difficult to follow through on.
- Caroline adopts a team approach via a referal network. With chronic health conditions such as Chronic Fatigue, Adrenal Fatigue & Fibromyalgia a multi discipline approach is needed. E.g. an understanding GP to work alongside holistic therapists (massage, osteopathy, Reiki or plexus bio energy healing, EFT, hypnotherapy, homeopathy). CBT counselling maybe recommended where relevant. Caroline will help to oversee your journey to recovery and will recommend the skills of others to support you fully every step of the way.
- Support will be provided to help you get to the root cause of the illness. Areas that Caroline will explore using diagnostic laboratory testing* if relevant include:
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis – to see if there are any unusual parasites, or bacterial/yeast infections causing your illness.
- Adrenal profile stress test – to check cortisol and DHEA levels (all important for energy and hormone function). This can also be checked using a symptom check list.
- Food intolerance testing
- Organic acids test - Organic acids are metabolic byproducts of cellular metabolism and they can be measured from a urine sample. The test will help to identify for example how efficiently your body is detoxifying and producing energy, test markers for yeast and fungal overgrowth etc.
- Thyroid Plus – measures serum levels of TSH, total T4, free T4, free T3, anti-TG antibodies, anti-TPO antibodies, Reverse T3 to give the full picture of thyroid health issues.
- Hair mineral analysis – to access for any heavy metal toxicity and mineral levels
*please note that there is an additional cost for any of the above tests. However, interpretation of any test recommended by Caroline is provided at no extra charge and included as part of the 6 month recovery programme.