Energy boosting nutrients
Discover Nutrition » Your Consultation
From the Discover Nutrition blog
Caroline offers a 15 minute free consultation over the telephone where you can talk openly and confidentially to her about any of your health concerns and symptoms, so she can devise an individual programme specifically for you that will suit your needs. If you are happy to go ahead from here you can then book an appointment.
Before your first appointment, you need to fill out and return a questionnaire to give an overview of your current diet, lifestyle, and health history. This way you’ll get more value for money as the consultation can focus on providing tailored solutions as opposed to gathering information on your diet and health.
- The first consultation includes:
- a review of your completed questionnaire
- an explanation is provided at to what is possibly contributing to your symptoms of not feeling well and why
- A nutrition & lifestyle plan will then be tailored specifically to you, based on your health, weight and fitness goals, nutrition & lifestyle needs, food preferences, time and money factors and motivation level.
- Support will be given on how to cook practical, tasty and wholesome meals and you’ll receive some handouts with recipes and meal plans.
- Occasionally there maybe a need to recommend functional tests to build up a more accurate picture of your health status.
Once permission is obtained from your GP, either blood/saliva/urine or stool samples are taken and sent directly to reputable laboratories in the UK. Test results and the Nutritional Therapists recommendations are then sent back to your GP and a multi-disciplined approach is taken to support your health. *This is an additional cost and depends on the type of test requested.
- Supplements maybe recommended on a short term basis to help boost and rebalance nutrient levels.
A follow-up appointment is usually recommended in 4 weeks to review progress and agree on any adjustments that need to be made. For more complex cases, more than 1 follow-up appointment maybe required.
What to bring along
- It is helpful if you can bring along a recent 3 day food and mood diary, noting your daily energy, stress levels, moods and symptoms such as bloating, flatulence, headaches.
- Details of any medication, nutritional supplements or herbal remedies that you are taking. Please bring the bottles with you so that I can check dosage levels and check any drug/nutrient interactions. If you are on any medication please consult your Pharmacist before taking any nutritional supplements that contain herbal extracts.
- Blood test results if relevant, including details on your cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
Nutrition Clinic Fees
- Initial Consultation: €120 (This covers your 1 hour consultation plus 1 hour of prepartion work in advance to review your 8 page health questionnaire, plot information on a functional medicine matrix to help identify the areas to focus on and determine what is possibly causing your specific health concern. The fee also includes any additional questions in between consultations)
- Follow-up Consultation: €60 (1 hour and includes interpretation of any test results if required)
- Alternatively if you would just like your current diet reviewed, a review of a 3 day food diary and 1 page questionnaire can be done in a 1 hour consultation or by email for a fee of €85. This includes a personalised meal plan with options for breakfast/lunch/dinner and snacks along with recipes to suit your tastes.
Nutrition consultations approved by GloHealth Insurance.
For further information please contact Caroline on 0871266525 or email email@example.com
NUTRITION CLINIC LOCATION AND OPENING HOURS:
(bookings by appointment only - please contact Caroline directly on 087 1266525)
GREYSTONES at South Beach Pavilion (plenty of free parking available)
Wednesday 3pm to 8pm and Thursday 9am to 3pm
Saturday morning appointments available on request.
Skype consultations available for those who cannot travel.
The consultation fee does not include the cost of private laboratory tests and/or nutrition supplements, if applicable.
Please note: Nutrition consultations cannot replace your GP's advice. Always consult your GP if you are suffering or suspect you may be suffering from any medical condition.